Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Amir -- 37 Weeks!


Happy Birthday and New Year little man! This year you will turn one -- I can't believe it! We're off to a good start in 2015! Being home with you has been surprisingly relaxed, probably since we've been able to just chill out. You're working on pulling up on things and love to stand up.  Crawling is a bit more of a challenge, but you're really trying and got up onto your knees all by yourself a few times today.



Tuesday we made soft pretzels and they were awesome! Today We spent some time in the garage so Lyla could ride her bike. She did great! She practiced steering and learned to brake. I had to set a boundary in the garage since she is fast becoming quite the confident rider. She'll be a pro by the time the snow melts! No, she's not talking and biking -- Aunt Emily called,  so she stopped to talk. Still, balancing while just sitting on the bike is a pretty awesome feat too!



After taking on the tough job of biking cheerleader, you needed a snack so I made a batch of dairy free pretzels. You had just a few tiny bites of the Tuesday batch and were fussy and itchy, so today I subbed vegetable oil for the butter. They weren't quite the same, but I felt better that you were able to enjoy them. Then you got to ride your new bike too! You mostly just sat on it, but i could tell you loved it and felt so proud! My baby is fast becoming a little boy!




We had fun playing dress up tonight. I couldn't get a picture of you being a pirate,  but you make a pretty handsome cowboy! I love you kiddo! I can't believe you're growing up so fast and already becoming your own person. You're happy,  funny,  curious and loving. Every time I pick you up you pat my shoulder and give me at least two big, wet MUAH kisses. I'm so happy to start the new year with you and your sister -- who continues to have success tying shoes. What a rock star. What a lucky MOM.


No comments:

Post a Comment