Happy Birthday. Little Man! This week you're sleeping like a champ and have been going to bed around 630 with only one wake up to eat during the night. Since you've been a little fussy and a lot drooly I'm guessing you've got some more teeth on the move.
You've started to try some new foods. The his week at Faye's you had part of a chicken nugget and fries, peaches, chery applesauce, mixed fruits and real peas and carrots mashed up instead of baby food. You mostly drink milk at home but liked trying banana swirl in a cone with Lyla on
Tuesday. You haven't been very regular latey, so I didn't want you to have too much, but you liked the coldl feeling on your teeth after the initial shock of something frozen in your mouth.
You're making progress with your mobility. When I sit you somewhere, you always end up in a different place. You don't crawl so much as lean or reach for something and then put your butt back down in a different place. Tonight you were doing well getting onto all fours, but got frustrated when you could only go backward. You still need some help pulling up to things, but once you're up you're pretty confident. Tonight you also moved your feet a little bit to cruise along the table. They were just tiny steps, but you were very motivate to move your legs/feet, which is a new development.
You are more and more vocal and have learned th swing for milk. You don't use it all the time yet, but when youi're hungry and I see your little hand open and close I know what you want! You like to shriek and make your high pitched noises. You also ahahahahahahahah all the time, especially when I am talking to someone else and you want my attention. I think you learned that from your sister.
You had a couple episodes of night terrors early in the week. I think maybe you were just overtired, but you cried and cried in your sleep two nights in a row. You were totally asleep, but obviously distressed. Lyla was worried and noted that you have never cried like that before. Oddly enough, she did the same thing at around the same age.
My favorite thing this week was Monday night when I picked you up from Faye's. After not being there for a while, you were happy to go back, but Very happy to be coming home again. When I walked in you were waving your arms and super smiley and chatty. I love knowing you're excited to see me at the end of the day. I'm always happy to snuggle up with you too!
Lyla has been getting back into the swing of things at school. The weather has been frigid, so school was cancelled on Wednesday she enjoyed spending the day at Faye's and having "chickennuggetsfrieshoneyketchup". They also had fun playing with beach balls. School has already worn her out and a rigorous therapy schedule to boot means our evenings are pretty mellow -- and short. By the time we get home, get settled, and eat dinner, there isn't much time to play befor eit's time for bed.
Lyla is very excited about her birthday this month and brought home a note from school about her birthday book.minstead of bringing treats to class, students can choose a book to donate to the library. Lyla chose a superhero cookbook and is excited to be the first one to check it out. She loves cooking and baking lately, so it's a good fit. She has gotten very into the pioneer woman and we thrilled that Masud taped the new season of master chef junior.
She had a math test today, which I'm sure she aced considering she's already finished all the homework sheets for the month (without even going over the concepts in class). We finished out first chapter book "Captain Underpants and the Talking Toilets" this week. I did most of the readin, but she liked that we read a chapter book. She is rocking it out on sight words and has started to write notes, lists, and even sentences and letters by using her sight words and sounding out other words. She's growing up so fast! Only a few more weeks and she'll be six! I can't believe it.
I love these kiddos so much. Spending time with home each day is such a joy and I couldn't ask for more fun, loving, and awesome kiddos. Things aren't always rosy -- last night I dozed on the couch while they played and watched tv after getting sick several times at work due to a migraine -- but at the end of every day, snuggling up to each of them for our goodnight hugs makes everything in my world ok. That and having a clear floor in the bedroom. Yay me for putting away all the laundry that has been sitting around for months, yes months, because I just hate putting it away!




No comments:
Post a Comment