Since there was a storm on Lyla's birthday, Grandma and Cindy and Stacy and Chris didn't make it to her party. To make up for it, we all met up at Arby's (Lyla's choice) for a make-up party last weekend. She felt very special and I think the whole restaurant knew we were having a special party for our favorite girl!
Lyla loved all of her gifts, especially her puppy and coloring stuff. With her new bath things, she has started to take showers all by herself, even reaching up to wash her hair all on her own. I was nervous at first and watched her through the clear plastic shower curtain liner, but after a few times, she told me she was ok to do it on her own and I could go wherever I wanted while she took a shower alone. Ok, whatever! I guess being 4 has finally sunk in!
Saturday is was time for another party -- for Grandpa! Lyla stayed overnight Saturday night and when I got there Sunday afternoon she was ready to show me the cake and food she had made with Mom. She was very proud of the cake and the Remy and Emil figurines on top.
We had a good time having salad, pizza and cake with Mom, Dad, Ryan and Emily. Lyla is getting to be buddies with Ryan and Emily these days and we're hoping to head to the MOA with them this afternoon (if the snow holds off). She was playing piano, tag, and some kind of tying up game with them while we were together last weekend. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA! We love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment