On Jan 30 I accompanied Lyla on her school field trip to Dynamics Gymnastics in Savage. I was a little nervous about how she would do, but true to form, she showed me there was nothing to be nervous about and had an AWESOME time!
Melanie chaperoned too, so we got to hang out and take lots of pictures of the girls. Our class was the red group and after warm ups, our first station was the slide. Lyla wasn't hesitant at all and loved sliding down all by herself.
Next was the balance beam. The beams started on the ground and got progressively higher. Lyla was amazing and didn't even stumble on the beam! I held one hand and she cruised her way to the end. It didn't take long before the only one she wanted to do was the high one. She loved walked up high and loved jumping off the end even more! The first time she did it she almost gave her teacher Lisa a heart attack, but after that, we were prepared for her to go flying through the air and crash on the mat.
Next up was the foam pit. This station was Lyla's favorite. She had no fear of jumping into the pit and did an awesome job running down the launch pad. The first time she jumped was from the edge of the pit. The second time, she ran right up the incline and launched into the foam. She still hasn't stopped talking about it.
After the foam pit, Lyla was physically exhausted and became a limp noodle. She did SUCH a great job and I was so proud of her that I didn't really care that she didn't do all the stations. We're looking into the class options for her since Sarah recommended gymnastics as a good community activity for Lyla. Before I wasn't sure she would be able to do it, but now I know she will have a great time. Hopefully more fun to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment