Last week flew by with something almost every night of the week. Mom and Dad came over to celebrate Masud's birthday on Wednesday, so Lyla and I put together another snowball cake after work. Good thing we made extra decorations ahead of time! She loved helping Daddy open his gifts (Thank You) and I LOVE the picture of her clapping and smiling as he blew out his candles.
Thursday I had Family Council, so Mom picked Lyla up from Faye's and took her to Ryan's concert at school. She said it was packed and they had to put out extra chairs to accommodate all the people! Everyone loves Mr. Johnson! One of the kids gave Lyla jingle bells to hold during the concert, and she was happy to join in.
By the time they got to Gillette, however, things had changed -- I got a text saying Lyla was vomiting in the car. Yuk! Poor kiddo picked up norovirus (or something like it) at daycare and spent Thursday night and Friday either in the bathroom or on the couch. She was feeling better Saturday, so we headed to Mom and Dad's for our annual cookie day with Emily and Carrie. We had a great time!
Dad left us each a gift bag with cookie making stuff and a few gifts too. Lyla was very excited about the markers in hers and equally excited about the plastic containers. All the grown up girls were pulling them from their bags and then Lyla pulled hers out too, "Look Mom! I got CONTAINERS!" so cute.
Dad gave mom this very cool canvas print her drinking from the hose when she was a kid. I think it's so cute and also a really fun picture of Mom and Grandpa -- and a reminder that drinking from the hose is ok.
Lots of presents waiting under the tree!
I'm so glad we get together every year to have fun and try new cookie recipes. Lyla and I took it easy this year and made chex mix and caramel puffcorn, but Carrie made two kinds of fancy cookies, Emily made macaroons and turtle pretzels, Mom made chai spice cookies, and Dad chipped in at the end with some sugar cutouts. Like the song says, "These wonderful things are the things we'll remember all through our lives!"
And again three days later when almost everyone at the party has been or is currently sick with norovirus. I guess we'll be throwing away all the cookies ... or at least not sharing them with our friends. Yay for holiday sharing! At least we were all sick this weekend and not next weekend for the holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment