Monday, December 17, 2012

Someday

Tonight, Masud was playing Mortal Kombat on Nintendo 64 and Lyla was fascinated. They played together for a long time before Lyla came into the bedroom and said "Mom, I'm just not good at video games. Daddy  is beating me every time. I just can't win."

I tried to explain that Masud is the master at Mortal Kombat and she shouldn't feel bad for not beating him. She came out into the living room with me and showed me how they play together. After Masud  helped her win several times, she was SO excited. She's ll snuggled up to Masud with her legs under the couch holding the controller. "Mom! I'm getting to be so big!" Clearly video games are a very adult activity, especially fighting games.

Then, out of nowhere, while she's frantically pushing the green button to punch her opponent repeatedly she says, "Someday I'm gonna sit on the potty without the seat!"

1 comment:

  1. I pretty much loved this. Tell Lyla I'm giving her a high-five. She IS getting to be such a big girl!

    ReplyDelete