Saturday, October 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Amir -- 18 Months!


Happy birthday little man! We had a fun and busy day today celebrating that you're 1 and 1/2! You were at at 6:24 as usual, then cuddled with me and watched Sesame Street for a while in your room. You love Sesame Street these days and ask me to watch "Batty Bat Bat" almost every day. You say "Melmo" all the time, but seem to like the blue monsters like Grover and Cookie Monster the best. 

You want to eat on e crunch now. This is definitely something you picked up from your sister. I don't mind it if you keep it clean, but every time I try to give you Cheerios on the couch, you dump them out. Every time! You love love love applesauce. Today I opened this big jar since you've been eating three or four of those squishy/sucker ones today. You went to town and ate right from the jar. Yummy!



After breakfast we got bundled up to head out to the park in 37 degree weather. We had fun at Chutes and Ladders again and mixed in a hike since we had the park to ourselves. You love the slides and happily shout "Weeeee!" whether you're at the top or the bottom. You're not a fan of the cargo nets, but like to go where your sister goes, so you try. I try too, but today, you and I just had fun climbing the steps instead. 

You're talking up a storm and learning new words all the time. Today I swear you said, "just come on Mom!" While you were trying to get me out into the living room from the bedroom. Crazy kid. 

You've started potty training and are doing pretty well for just being 18 months. You don't always tell me when you have to go, but once in a while you ask. Whether I out you on the potty or you go on your own, you know exactly what comes after you go -- "num-nahs!" Your word for m&ms. You run out of the bathroom, usually naked,  and clap for yourself saying "yay! Yay! Yay!" Then stand by the candy jar until I get there. 

You're curious like George and go like the Energizer Bunny. You're funny and sweet and just a little crazy all at the same time. We love you SO much! You bring us joy and laughter and lots of reminders that you are not your sister but your awesome free-spirited self! I'm grateful every day for the little boy I always wanted!



After the park and lunch, Lyla and I wen to the karate Halloween party. She wanted to go as a butterfly, so I mixed up some face paints and she put on her wings. She had fun playing games, dancing, and having a costume contest with her fellow tigers. After we got home, we had a little rest time, then headed out for dinner and spooky fun at Valleyfair. Daddy took the night off so we could stay late, see shows and just have fun. Both kiddos liked the clowns and monsters. We caught the comedy show and they both watched and laughed even though there's no way they understood everything that was going on. We headed home when it got cold and then calmed the excitement with a little Survivor before turning in for the night. It was a fun end to a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment