Monday we took Amir to the doctor for his first follow up visit. Dr. Yunis said he looks good but he was concerned that Amir had lost a pound and a half since birth. We talked a lot about feeding and supplementing. I've had to keep track of my feedings and give him a couple small bottles to make sure he is getting enough to eat.
I felt awful after the appointment and ended up feeding him in the car after he totally freaked out in the clinic hallway. Poor kiddo was just SO hungry. Thankfully, with a little supplementing he was able to not only feel better but also gain a half pound back in 24 hours. When we went in on Tuesday he was back to 9 lbs. Hopefully he will be back to his birth weight -- and maybe a little more -- when we go next week.
I feel like my milk is coming in, but when I pump, I'm still not getting as much as they say I should be getting. I'm hoping to schedule time with a lactation consultant next week. Pandy doesn't seem to mind going from breast to bottle, I just feel bad because I can't give him what he needs even after a week. He is meeting the number of diapers on the goal sheet each day, so I must be doing something right.
Tuesday Amir had his first visit to Gillette. We took Lyla to therapy right after his doctor appointment, so he got to check out where his big sister goes to PT and OT. She was very proud to show him off. Tuesday night we had a bit of a freak out because his cord was hanging by a thread. I don't know how it got so loose, but it looked like it would fall off prematurely. Lyla, Amir and I were all crying as I called the Fairview nurse line to ask what to do. Thankfully, they said it would be fine and to just put some rubbing alcohol on it.
Wednesday we hung out at home with Grandma. Pandy's cord fell off in his onesie. It looks like there's still a little healing to do, but I've just been keeping it clean. I gave him his first sponge bath in the kitchen sink. He LOVED having his hair washed.
Today was our first day just Amir and me at home. I was nice to relax and chill out together. We snuggled and had a little one week photo shoot. Then we went to Faye's so she could meet him and Lyla could introduce her brother to her friends. She is an awesome big sister.
We've all had our ups and downs this week, but for the most part, things are going very well. I feel like having two kids somehow makes us more of a family than just being the three of us.
















No comments:
Post a Comment