Sunday, March 23, 2014

Everything's Better with Your Bestie!

This week has been a little chaotic, but thanks to our friends and family we're making it! Last Saturday my friend Beth came over for coffee and conversation. It was SO awesome to catch up, especially since we were both sans kiddos. Tiffany brought dinners Monday, so we were set for the week. 

I stayed home all week and worked from the kitchen table. I have been feeling better little by little and am able to get around the apartment a little these days. David brought Lyla home from daycare all week --Thank you!-- since I'm still not supposed to drive. I cheated on Thursday and drove to Walgreens. I took a walking stick with me just in case and was sore but I made it. If I can find a balance of a little exercise and straight rest I find I feel ok the following day. 

Mom took us to therapy on Wednesday where Lyla walked on the treadmill at an incline without a harness. Kate said she will roll out appointments, but the Lyla will need new goals since she's already doing most of the ones they set. Kathy also said Lyla is doing awesome. She a hasn't even been to OT  in months and she's rocking it out. Still things to work on, of course, but she's making progress quickly. 

Dad took us to chemo on Friday. Lyla did great and loved all the attention from her clinic fan club. Masud got in a car accident on Friday and the Jeep got some nasty body damage, but he is ok.  

Yesterday we hung out with Mom and Dad too. Dad came to pick us up and took us to Target on the way home. I bought a bunch of little things and a couple bigger ones for Pandy. Lyla bought someHershey  bars. I was great to get out, but I was exhausted even though I used the wheelchair. 


Cece and Melanie came over for a play date today. It had been a few weeks since family connections and even longer since we just had a play date. Lyla is going just as stir crazy as I am since we can't get out much these days. It was awesome to catch up -- and Melanie was able to adjust my pelvis a little and teach me some exercises -- and they brought a bunch of yummy dinners. What would we do without our awesome friends and family?



Pretending to take a nap. If only they would actually fall asleep!




Hoping for a quieter week this week. Masud and I will visit the doctor again tomorrow for a check on Pandy. He sounds great and is moving a lot. I feel like he's started to move down into my pelvis and he has started kicking me in the center of my tummy now instead of just on the side, so he must have changed positions a little bit. I'm 36 weeks this week, so we're getting very close! Dad put together the rock and play bassinet yesterday and I filled the diaper basket this morning. I think we're ready in case Pandy decides to come early, but the longer he stays in there the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment