A few weeks ago Lyla pulled brought some snacks into the fort, then pulled the walls down and jumped on Grandpa and Grandma. Masud likes when she jumps on him -- it's kind of like a massage, really -- but I don't know how much Mom and Dad enjoyed it. Lyla had a GREAT time!
Tax season is in full swing and Masud is working in two different offices we we've been having family time on Sunday nights. Lyla always likes when he carries her even though she's getting a little too big to be carried now. She's Daddy's girl!
She likes to bake for Masud any time, so we made some cupcakes last week. She also like to make Jiffy corn muffins and cookies and has even learned to make her own dinner from the fridge.
Lyla had her 5 year checkup last week and did very well. She has grown two inches since we were there in June and is about the same weight. She definitely looks taller and seems to be thinning out to have a more kid look than a pre-schooler look. Dr. Puri said she can't believe Lyla is 5 already! Lyla did a great job with the checkup and other than getting her shot the visit was fine.
Because she is on chemotherapy she wasn't able to get the chicken pox or MMR vaccines. They are live viruses that could do her more harm than good since her immune system is weak. She and I had both been anxious about the shots since friends told us the 5 year boosters are the worst -- 4 shots in one visit! Since our clinic gives a combination for the non-mmr and varicella Lyla got out of there with only one poke. BUT she took it in her arm like a grown up. She was a little feverish and tired, but didn't have much of a reaction otherwise.
Things have been going well at school. I was the Mystery Reader a couple weeks ago and surprised Lyla be showing up to read some books to her class. I brough Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and My little sister ate one hare. Lyla told me previously that i needed more practice reading before I came to her class, but she seemed happy to see me and told me I did a good job.
They are working on a dinosaur unit this month and she made this Stegosaurus hat. She likes when we pretend to be meat eaters and chase her, then she hits us with her bony plates. They also got to have a fossil dig this week and she brought home her T-Rex fossils. I guess they didn't get to keep teh T-Rex they found (she said hers was green).
Lyla LOVES animals and nature shows, expecially Wild Kratts. Her favorite episode lately is called Tortuga Tune Up and is all about sea turtles. When we heard there was a new sea turtle at the zoo she just HAD to go see it.
She liked seeing the turtle and was happy when it swam close to the surface near us to take a breath. It was a lot smaller than we thought it would be and its back legs don't work (I think from a boat accident), but it was very cool all the same. Lyla had a great time watching the turtle and all the fish from above and below the reef. She took lots of pictures on her own and we even saw a few minutes of the dive show. She thought it was a little loud with all the scuba sounds, so we left after seeing the diver feed a few fish.
Next up was the Minnesota Trail where she played with her FAVORITE thing, the frog buttons. She also rode the wold statue and had a good time playing in the coyote den area. We watched part of hte bird show, which she loved until the new snowy owl didn't want to cooperate. He was beautiful, but as soon as he flew around the audience and landed on the back of one of the bleachers i figured we would be leaving shortly. We've watched a LOT of bird shows, but we've never seen a bird actually land in the audience. Luckily the woman (about 5 rows down from us) only got the owls wings in her hair. I think they were both just scared.
After the zoo we were off to Grandma and Grandpa's. Dad and I had tacos for lunch and Lyla and Grandma had McDonald's. Mom insisted on taking this picture of me since I haven't been taking very many photos of myself while pregnant with Pandy. This is Pandy i nmy tummy at 34 weeks.
He is very active most days and seems to like when I eat fruit and candy -- he's my sugar baby! I was quite uncomfortable and VERY tired all week. I don't know if he was just moving and getting into position for the next couple weeks, or what, but it was a long week. I had my visit with Dr. Randall on Monday and he said Pandy is measuring right on track. His heart beat is strong and I am healthy too -- always good news.
I wish I could say the same now that it's Friday! On wednesday Pandy and I took a little spill on the ice outside (that's what 40 degree days and 20 something degree nights will do). It didn't hurt so bad to get up, but it hurt getting into the car and by the time I tried to get out of the car a few minutes later I was in tears from the pain. Thankfully I was able to drive to the clinic. Mom was able to meet me there and some nice nurses helped me in from the car in a wheelchair.
Becky hooked me up to a fetal heart rate monitor and a contraction monitor to check on Pandy. He was fine and started moving after they made me eat a donut ball. Dr. Randall was not concerned about Pandy since he seemed fine, but said, "What are we going to do with you? How are you going to get home? Or go to the bathroom?" It was odd since you would think after 50 years in OB he woudl have had at least one other patient with this issue, but he seemed genuinely concerned (or maybe he was shaken since he almost fell down himself trying to help me onto the table).
After a quick exam he deduced that I have essentially dislocated my symphysis pubis (the place where the two pelvic bones come togethet in the front) and that there's not much they can do other than prescribe a wheelchair and some pain meds. He asked how far along I was and when i told him 34 weeks 3 days he made a face that made me think he might have sent me to be induced if I had been further along. SO anyway, Mom helped me back to the car and drove me to get a rental chair, my meds and some lunch. They called after we left to say they wanted blood work, so we drove back to bloomington and they did my lab draw in the car.
I finally got home and Mom got me upstairs and settled. She also made food, cleaned up and worked with Ryan to get my car from the clinic (they wouldn't let me drive home). Lyla and I jsut hung out until Masud got home. My friend Patty dropped off my work computer and files and Aunt Vicki came over with a wheelchair, elevated toilet seat and chicken dinner -- THANKS LADIES!
So far I'm just taking things slow and wheeling around the apartment. Pandy continues to kick around in there and the bloodwork showed that there is no mixing of his blood with mine so the placenta is ok as well. I have been able to take a few steps to the bathroom and am getting better at VERY SLOWLY rolling over in bed, but I won't be walking normally any time soon and I still can't drive. Mom is planning to take me to my previously scheduled appointment with Dr. Randall on Monday morning so we'll see what he says then. Other than that, just gonna keep on keepin' on until Pandy decides he's ready to come out and then we'll take things from there!











No comments:
Post a Comment