After a relaxing morning at home yesterday, we packed up the car and set out for Madison, Wi. The ride went well. The roads were clear and there was little construction. And, of course, we had lots of snacks and things to do.
After we got here we got dinner, went swimming, and played in our suite room. It really is sweet! Lyla made this fort all by herself!
Today we went to Henry Vilas Zoo. It is a small park zoo but had nice animals and an exhibit about saber tooth tigers. Lyla liked the discovery center where she could look through lots of magnifiers.
After seeing the animals we rode the carousel and played on the treehouse playground. We had to cut in front of some other kid to get the tiger. Karma got us back when we didn't know there were stairs to the slide and we claimed the cargo net instead. Well, I kind of climbed. Lyla mostly tried to hold on while I pushed her up to the top.
We were roasting at the zoo, and so retreated to the cool of the hotel. Lyla set up tho since station for herself, it only after crashing into a nest of pillows on the bed over and over again.
Dinner was at the food court of a near by mall. We each chose what we wanted (Chinese, Mac, pizza). Swimming tonight was fun, but very loud until the 20 or so teenagers that were in the small pool area left. I love watching Masud and Lyla swim together. We even saw fireflies tonight!
And on the way upstairs Lyla made us laugh when she started talking to the boy who shared our elevator. He was maybe 12 or 13 and she noticed he was carrying a Dr. Pepper. "I like Dr. pepper too," she said about 4 times until she got his attention. "I like Dr. Pepper too, but not the same kind as you. I like the diet kind, Diet Dr. Pepper. It's way better..." He didn't really know what to say, but was very polite and bid us goodnight when we got off the elevator. Pop brings out the chatter box, I guess!












No comments:
Post a Comment