Last weekend we hit the zoo and had a great time. It's great to have Masud home! I had two Thursday nights out with the girls in a row and it felt so great to have some me time! Not that chasing this little climber all over the zoo isn't super fun.
We had to ask him several times not to climb any higher than this. I think he could easily have scaled the railing. Little monkey man!
Happy 56th birthday to MOM on Thursday! We celebrated with yummy raspberry cake, an orchid, and beauty products. Lyla did an awesome job helping blow out the candles!
After cake we headed out for Mother's annual family photo. Diane came over and snapped it for us. Not too snappy looking! I was a little surprised we took up the whole stoop!
Ryan and Amir are like two peas in a pod. So glad they like to hang out!
Amir took a bath while we all ate lunch. He loves the water. Masud helped him water the plants and grass out back.
For our official Mother's Day celebration today we went to the pass holder preview at Valleyfair. We got our unlimited refill mugs and had lunch at Coasters, then rode our favorites all over the park. It was a beautiful day to be outside!
I'm so grateful for my family! Being a mom is nuts. And hard, and frustrating, and was, sleep would be nice! But it is truly rewarding too. Friday night Masud stayed home with Amir and I got to watch Lyla in her junior leader karate class -- her first step in making her dream of being a karate teacher come true. She was also called out as being one of the top Tigers in the school. SO proud of her! Amir is a love bug and always learning new words, naming colors all the time, and getting very excited about vehicles. He also tells me, "whoa!" when I slow down a little too quickly while driving.















No comments:
Post a Comment