Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Cast Removal Day!



After two weeks in the cast, Lyla was definitely ready to have it removed. Overall, she did great with it and I think she even enjoyed the school fame a little bit. She had lots of signatures on her cast, but when it came time to cut it off, she was ready to be rid of it. Given the choice to keep it or throw it away, she said, "Toss it!"




The doctor thought the cast did it's job and stretched her well enough that she doesn't have to be re-cast. We will see the orthotist tomorrow to have her orthotics adjusted since her foot doesn't need the same support anymore. Lyla has been struggling to get used to the feel of her newly lengthened muscles  and complains that the top of her foot hurts sometimes. I'm guessing it is likely because she hasn't used those muscles in a while. Hopefully Bill the orthotist knows more. She has also been a little off balance, but overall, I think it was the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment