Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Five Years

Five years ago, I wrote this: "While we are scared and nervous, we are also hopeful that our sweet little lady will make a full recovery. We will have a long road ahead, but we will do everything we can for her. After initially hearing that we had no options, this opportunity for surgery and chemo, as well as the low-grade, non-pons diagnosis, is a blessing. We hope that this will be something she will look back on someday with disbelief and be amazed at how far she has come."
I don't know that I will ever be in a state of disbelief, and I don't think she will be either. She's worked too hard and is reminded every day what cancer has cost her. Still, I will never cease to be amazed.
She scored a few hits on Mr. Singewald tonight to celebrate.

I love you Lyla Mavis. I never knew how much. You are my light and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment