Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November News

The past couple weeks have been good ones at our house. Even though we've been on a break from rehab therapies, we've still got activities and appointments at least a couple times a week.

Lyla and I have still been attending Family Connections ECFE class. We definitely miss our buddies who aren't in the class anymore, but we're getting to know our new friends. Masud and I went to a muder mystery birthday party at a friend's house and had a great time. Masud was given the role of "Double 7" the secret agent and I was "Fanni-Sis Pynngstad" a 70's pop star. I was a little anxious since we didn't know many people at the party, but we had a lot of fun and I think Masud would definitely like to do it again. It was great to have a date night with adults!

Birthday fun wasn't just for the parents though. Lyla helped Miss CeCe celebrate her birthday this month too. The girls and some friends celebrated with games, pizza and cupcakes at Chuck E. Cheese. Lyla had a great time riding the pony and eating cupcakes. Other favorite activities lately are coloring, drawing and still creating her own space ships out of cardboard boxes from the grocery store. She has a great time imaging all kinds of things with her boxes and is always sad when they get too beat up and we have to throw them away.





Great Grandma T came over for lunch a couple weeks ago. Lyla had a good time sharing lunch, ipad photos and play time with Grandma. I think she was ready to head home after I put her to work folding laundry, but she seemed to have a good time. Lyla certianly liked having her aound.



I was in CT last week so Lyla was home with Masud. They had a good week and I got home just in time to take her to Kindergarten Live -- a program for kids who will go to kindergarten next year. She got to meet her principal and tour the school she will attend. The kindergarten teachers were there too. Everyone was very nice. Lyla had a great time playing at the tables adn listening to a story. Everyone was REALLY nice and the principal asked about Lyla's health and how she's doing at school. He assured me they would accomodate her however necessary when she's there next year -- and i totally believed him. It will definitely be a lot more walking for her, so I'm guessing her chair will be something she will have to adapt to in addition to gym time, the lunch room and the library.

She had a cold this weekend so we stayed home for most of the day both days. We had dinner out with Masud after chemo Friday and went out with Grandma and Grandpa on Sunday. Lyla's treatment has been going well since her stint in the hospital last month. Her counts are all good and she's been getting full doses each week. The only new development there is that she's doing a weird thing with her eyes where she opens them really wide or turns her head to see things when she shouldn't need to. Oncology isn't too concerned, but suggested we get Lyla an eye exam. There wasn't anything on her scan to indicate that her eyes are affected by brain or tumor stuff.

Monday was Josie's 5th birthday party -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSIE! We had fun hanging out with the family and enjoyed the rainbow theme. Lyla played well with Josie and the other cousins. She ate breadsticks while the rest of us had pizza, then surprised me by actually eating most of a piece of cake!

Life is good -- if busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment