Lyla and I did our best to relax this weekend. Saturday we slept in then headed to Grandma and Grandpa's. on our way they called to see if we wanted to go to Snuffy's. of course, we did, so we picked them up and met Uncle Ryan at the Roseville location. I had egg salad and Lyla had a double hamburger and fries. She has been insatiable!
Next stop was target for a few things I forgot Friday, then we went back to the house and watched TV, I took the dogs for a walk, then Lyla and Mom fed the squirrels. Lyla also helped Dad make some frosting for Great Grandma's birthday cake.
Sunday morning I got up early and picked up the house while Lyla slept. When she got up she found her Easter basket and a bunch of eggs the Easter Bunny hid for her. She had a great time! Afterward, we made blue waffles and ate the on the counter while we waited for Great Grandma and Cindy to stop by. They were anxious to see Lyla and brought a Get Well/Happy Easter treat. It took her a few minutes to warm up, but she was talkative once she did. She had fun playing the crocodile game they brought her, especially taunting me when she knocked over all my pieces!
Shortly after they left we got ready to head to Scott and Vicki's for family lunch. I got dressed and quickly cut up the pickles I bought for Ryan; then we were on our way. Matt's of the fam was there when we got there. We found out Rebecca is due for induction on Thursday and Tiffany will have her c-section in two weeks. Next time we're together we'll have two new family members!
Lyla had a good time playing with Josie, Sophia and Aaron. After winning some jewelry links in the dice game, she played with Stephanie and made some lovely pieces. Lunch was soups and various salads. Lyla like the meat from the chili and I had wild rice. Yum!
Since her birthday is next week, we also celebrated Great Grandma's birthday. She seemed surprised and happy we had brought cards and gifts. Dad finished off the cake he and Lyla made and everyone was impressed. We left soon after finishing our cake and cleaning up. Masud was one n the evening, so he and Lyla ate and watched ponies while I got some time for myself.
Today Lyla had her first day back at Faye's. They had torn down a wall over the weekend so it seemed like a whole different place when we walked in this morning. Lyla was reluctant to go play on her own, so I set her on the couch. When I picked her up, Faye said she had a good day, ate well, and slept well (if only for 30 minutes). We just saw Dr. Kiesling and now Lyla's at OT. She'll have PT next and then be done for the day.
I went back to work today and didn't make it through my email, but it was a good day none the less. Hoping to ease back in, but things are crazy, as usual, so it may not be as gradual as I would like it to be.








No comments:
Post a Comment